Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Grace Ashford Designs for Mother's Day!

Confluence Gallery is thrilled to offer new jewelry from

Grace Ashford Designs


Grace makes hand-crafted fine jewelry from silver, copper, brass and semi-precious stones. Her designs are striking, original and wear well on every body! We have a variety of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings here at the gallery Gift Shop. Browse our beautiful selection of her work just in time for Mother's Day!

Stop by Confluence Gallery to see these beauties!
We are open  Wed - Fri 10-5 and Sat 10-3  or call 509-997-2787

When making jewelry Grace is continually struck by how a piece evolves and grows during the process. Sometimes it takes on a life of its own, and she is merely helping it find the right form. Other times she will settle on a specific design, and struggle to achieve the picture in her head. In either case, the outcome is always a piece that has a unique character, and its own story to tell.

Grace has family far and wide in the Methow Valley and often comes to visit and set up shop with her mom Sara Ashford at her studio on the Twispworks campus.

"My childhood was spent surrounded by artists and craftspeople. I grew up in a household that lived and breathed art, and had at my fingertips the raw materials and the “grown up” tools to experiment. This left me with an incurable desire to design and create.

Working in my dad's pottery shop, I always felt the most comfortable with clay, but my mom's eye for color and talent in all mediums as well as being a fiber artist gave me an appreciation for the fact that artistic talent comes in many forms.

Still it took time for me to find my place.
I grew up, spent a decade in Europe, started a family, and returned to the United States before I found the medium that suited my personality and my particular approach to design.

Thankfully, it is also a medium that fits with my life as a mother of four. My children are a huge inspiration. Their love of life and ability to notice the smallest bits of beauty in the strangest of places keeps us smiling and reminds us to keep our eyes open to the world around us. In a very different way, my years abroad, and my experience with different cultures have left me with a pervading interest in the amazing variety of human experience, and a willingness to experiment without fear of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment